To be the school of choice for internationally-minded families and a leader of IB World Schools in Indonesia.
Engaging and empowering globally-minded, confident learners to reach their utmost potential in an active, creative and respectful learning community.
Our values are derived from the IB Learner Profile. Through these attributes, we embed the concept of internationalism and provide opportunities for leadership within our community and in our curriculum. All members of the BIS community strive to be:
Statement of Identity
Bali Island School is an IB World School, fully authorized by the International Baccalaureate to deliver the Primary Years, Middle Years and Diploma Programmes from Preschool to Grade 12. We are Council of International Schools and Western Association of Schools and Colleges accredited, nonprofit, college-preparatory and operate under Indonesian law.
IB Authorized: PYP since 2004, MYP since 1999, DP since 2004
Accredited: WASC since 1995 and CIS since 2010
Last accreditation and evaluation visit – November 2015
Strategic Goals: 2016-2022
- We will continuously strive to ensure that the skills, knowledge and understandings essential for learning are integrated into the curriculum for students to reach their utmost potential.
- We will continue to build the means to deliver a high quality international education.
- We will commit to active community engagement within and outside our school walls.
- We will seek to modernize our facilities while keeping an authentic Balinese ambiance.
- We will encourage all employees to be lifelong learners and to be role models of the Learner Profile for our students.