To be the school of choice for internationally-minded families and a leader of IB World Schools in Indonesia
Engaging and empowering globally-minded, confident learners to reach their utmost potential in an active, creative and respectful learning community.
As an inclusive international school, Bali Island School aims to serve the whole family’s education needs. We feel strongly that each student be met at his/her level of understanding in order to achieve his/her utmost potential. We accept children with a broad range of learning needs who are supported through our Student Support Services. We value a whole-family commitment where all siblings apply to the same school in order to support the model of inclusive education. Some of our students benefit from English as an Additional Language assistance (EAL) or Learning Support (LS) which may require the development of an Individualised Learning Plan (ILP). BIS does not charge for this service. BIS is committed to providing a World-Class Education to each of our students.
This fee, IDR 2,500,000, is for new students only and is payable to confirm serious interest in attending BIS and to start the admissions process. This fee is non-refundable.
IDR 15,000,000 is due in order to secure enrolment yearly. This fee guarantees a commitment from each party to have a seat reserved for the child. It will be deducted from the Tuition Fees and is not refundable.
All fees are quoted in Indonesian Rupiah
|Grade||Tuition Fee||Capital Levy Charge||Education Outside the Classroom||Total|
|Preschool (3) – Half day||50,600,000||19,400,000||70,000,000|
|Preschool (3/4) – Full day||110,000,000||129,400,000|
Students entering the school within the school year will be invoiced on a prorated basis for the number of school days from the start date.
* Preschool 3 students are scheduled for 1⁄2 days (7:45-11:30 a.m.) until Semester II begins in January.
Families may ask the school if their child may begin full days earlier than Semester II. The Primary Principal and teachers will assess each student’s ability to engage for the full day during a trial period. Once the decision has been made to adjust the child’s length of day, the appropriate fee change will be assessed.
Due Dates for Tuition Fee Payments
The yearly tuition fee may be paid in one installment by August 1st. A family may also choose to pay using our installment schedule below. Please note there is a 3% increase in tuition fees when paying using installments. The first payment includes Installment I, CLC Fees, and EOTC fees.
Late payments are subject to a 2% additional fee per month. Please be advised that students may be prohibited from attending classes until fees are paid.
Capital Levy Charge (CLC)
This fee is payable with the first invoiced tuition payment and is not refundable and applied to the development of The school’s infrastructure and facilities. Students commencing in Terms 1 and 2 pay 100%, Term 3 pay 80% and Term 4 pay 50% of the full CLC.
Education Outside the Classroom (EOTC) Fee for Grades 1-12
Education Outside the Classroom is considered to be a very important aspect of the education offered to our students. Therefore, from Grade 1 onwards, these trips are funded by the EOTC fee. Please note that this is for all trips that students are required to attend, not self-elected trips such as sporting trips or MUN. This fee is payable with the first invoiced tuition payment and is not refundable. Secondary students enrolling after Term 1 will not be charged the EOTC fee as the Secondary EOTC trips occur during the first term, (provided the trips run as scheduled during Term I). Primary students will be charged as EOTC trips occur throughout the year.
IB Grade 11/12 Diploma Programme Fee
Each IB exam written by a Grade 12 student costs the IDR equivalent of 140$. If a student is sitting the full IB exam schedule, the fees would amount to the IDR equivalent of 840$. Exam fees are collected by BIS, sent to the IBO, and include costs for courier fees to transport completed exams to the IBO. See IB Statement of Exam Costs here:
Early Full Year Payment Discount: Pay by 15 April and receive a discount of 5% on tuition fees. Early Multi-Year Payment Discount: Pay by 15 April and receive a discount of 8% on tuition fees and lock-in tuition fees at current rates.
Sibling Discount: A family of 2 or more students at BIS will receive a discount of 5% for the 2nd child, 10% for the third child and 20% for any subsequent children. The discount starts with the 2 nd eldest child. Families with 3 or more fee-paying children at BIS, pay CLC for the 1st and 2 nd child only.
Dragon Alumni Incentive: BIS Alumni are entitled to a discount off tuition rates for their school age children. Enquire in the admissions or accounting offices.
Once a Dragon – Always a Dragon!
JOINING BIS DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR / LEAVING BIS DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR
As an international school with families moving to and from Bali, BIS offers open enrollment throughout the year. BIS offers families in Bali a high quality education experience which requires a great deal of resources and planning, therefore we prefer not to accept families for less than a semester. (Families seeking enrollment for less than a semester are encouraged to speak to the HOS regarding their particular circumstances.)
If families join BIS during the school year, they are charged for the term they enter and subsequent terms. If students withdraw during the school year, tuition fees are refunded for complete terms to be missed, provided the following conditions are in place:
- The family provides six (6) calendar weeks written notice to the school. Please inform the Principal and/or Head of School of the date you will be leaving BIS.
- Notice is received six weeks (6) prior to the payment of the 4th term fee and/or March 1 in order to be eligible for a refund of Term IV.
- Once the final payment is made, no reimbursement will be given.
- Reimbursement is given on tuition fees only.
Terms & Conditions
In addition to the information above, the following terms and conditions are in place for all admissions.
- By paying fees or sending child(ren) to school, Parents/Guardians agree to have executed an agreement with the school which is governed by these terms and conditions as well as the conditions listed above.
- All fees will be paid, in accordance with this and future Fees Notices/Invoices by the published deadline. Any overpayment will be credited to future invoices, not reimbursed.
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for informing the school of correct contact details. If changes occur, please inform the school in writing.
- The school will send an invoice with the due date of payment to the email address registered by the Parent/Guardians.
- All bank charges are the responsibility of the payers.
- If Parents/Guardians experience emergencies during the school year that may impact their ability to meet their obligations, they are requested to immediately contact the Head of School: [email protected] in writing to discuss the situation.
- Late payments are subject to an additional late fee of 2% per month.
- If school fees are not fully paid by April 15 of the Senior Year a DP student will be withheld from writing IB DP Exams and the family waives the School from any responsibility on this matter.
- According to Regulation UU No.7 Year 2011 all financial transactions in Indonesia must be made in Rupiah. All Fees have to be paid in Rupiah as stated on BIS Invoices (Except for parents who transfer from overseas accounts) BIS has The right to determine the exchange rate on the date of invoice.