When you bring your laptop to school there are some requirements that you must meet:
- Operating System, with license, in English language.
- Capable of running the latest version of Google Chrome web browser.
- Office Suite in English language. We recommend these:
- Microsoft Office© 2007/2008 or above, in English language – requires license
- Libre Office 5.2 or above in English language – free, does not require license
- For Windows laptops: Antivirus protection required, fully up-to-date, legally licensed if applicable, and in English language. We recommend this product:
- Avira Antivirus – free for personal use, does not require license.
- For Apple MacBooks: Malware removal software required. Please ensure that the MacBook has the free product Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac installed and working.
- For Linux laptops: No antivirus or antimalware is necessary.
- Minimum of 3 hours battery life: the laptop must have its battery fully charged at the start of each school day.
- In working order: the laptop hardware must be in good condition, with screen, keyboard, touchpad and other essential components present and functioning correctly. It is expected that you will treat your laptop carefully, and get it repaired promptly if it has technical issues.