Bali International School opened in September 1986 and was renamed in accordance with the Ministerial Decree on Education in 2014. BIS is the most established school in Bali and is the only school on the island authorized to offer the full International Baccalaureate Programme continuum from Preschool to Grade 12: Primary Years, Middle Years and Diploma Programmes.
BIS is the first school on the island to initiate and organize events including Bali Maths Competition, Bali School Sports Association (BSSA), Indonesian International Small Schools Activity Conference (IISSAC), Battle of the Bands, BIS College and University Fairs, and Bali Model United Nations (MUN).
BIS regularly participates in the South East Asian Maths Competition (SEAMAC) and in the international Global Issues Network (GIN) conference and World Scholars Cup.
This is best experienced first-hand come and visit us!
of our teachers are expats
Student to teacher ratio
School year divided into 4 terms
Broad range of after school activities
90%-100% of Graduates go to university
Students per class
School days (07:45am-02:45pm)
Years of average faculty teaching experience
In Primary per class 1 Expat & 1 Indonesian teacher
- Europe (Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland)
- Asia (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Russia, Taiwan)
- North America (Canada, USA)
- South America (Brazil, Colombia)
- 14% have dual nationalities
- Other (Ireland, Turkey, South Africa, Portugal, Japan, German, France)
Authorized since 1999
Authorized since 1995
Authorized since 2010
Authorized since 1996