Welcome to our Secondary School! We are proud to watch our students grow and witness the caring and principled adults that they become during their time within the DP program here at BIS. As a small school with on average 18 students in each grade level it is easy to know almost everyone on campus, which leads to a supportive and friendly atmosphere here at BIS. One of the things that makes it such a special place is the collaborative spirit between the school and the community.
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (DP) is a curriculum for students aged 16 to 19
At BIS, we teach the IB curriculum throughout all grade levels. The Diploma Programme (DP) is taught the last two years of school, Grade 11 and 12. The DP is an academically challenging and balanced Programme of education with final examinations that prepares students, aged 16 to 19, for success at university and life beyond. The Programme has gained recognition and respect from the world’s leading universities. It is studied in over 140 countries around the world and promotes international-mindedness. Largely externally examined it ensures consistent standards. The DP is unique with its focus on students’ personal and interpersonal development and it’s reflection on the nature of knowledge.
The Diploma Programme prepares students for effective participation in a rapidly evolving and increasingly global society as they:
- develop physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
- acquire breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding
- develop the skills and a positive attitude towards learning
- study at least two languages and increase understanding of cultures, including their own
- make connections across traditional academic disciplines and explore the nature of knowledge through the Theory of Knowledge course.
- undertake in-depth research into an area of interest in the Extended Essay
- enhance their personal and interpersonal development through Creativity, Activity and Service.
The programme consists of three core elements and six subject groups
Those are inherent in all students’ curriculum.
Students choose 6 subjects, 3 at higher level and 3 at standard level. The subjects must cover at least 5 different subject groups.
Language and Literature
Language A: Language and Literature (English, Indonesian)
School Supported Self-Taught Language A (SL)
Language B (Indonesian, French)
Language ab initio (Spanish) (SL)
Individuals and Societies
Environmental Systems & Societies
Mathematics Analysis & Approaches SL & HL
Mathematics: Applications and interpretation SL