At BIS, we require a specific operating system Apple, Windows, or Chrome. Still, we recommend using the Apple MacBook Air 13inch (33cm), 8GB, 256GB SSD as they have been known for optimal operation conditions within the school environment. We require a minimum level of capability, security, and function of the devices as follows:
- Capability – A well-cared-for laptop can function effectively for three or more years. As a minimum, we require:
- The ability to run the latest version of Google Chrome.
- A minimum of 4 hours battery life.
- A minimum of 13-inch display
- Minimum of 8 GB RAM
- Minimum of 120 GB storage space (for Windows and Apple laptops)
- Function – The laptop hardware must be in a good condition, with the screen, keyboard, touchpad, speakers, and other essential components functioning correctly. Students are expected to treat their laptop carefully and get it repaired promptly if it has technical issues. The BIS technology department can perform essential software support, but repair of hardware issues is the student/parent’s responsibility.
Updated September 2022